The Faculty Research and Professional Development (FRPD) program is a funding partnership between NC State’s Office of Research and Innovation and each of NC State’s 10 academic colleges. The primary objective of the program is to provide seed funding to individual investigators to jump-start larger awards and grants from external agencies. For the 2023 program, Poole was able to make nine grant awards of $5,333 each.
This investment in early-stage research led by Poole faculty will contribute to achieving the college’s strategic goal of ensuring preeminence in research, scholarship, innovation and collaboration.
“For 2023, Poole’s contribution to the FRPD grant program is more than $35,000. This investment in early-stage research led by Poole faculty will contribute to achieving the college’s strategic goal of ensuring preeminence in research, scholarship, innovation and collaboration.” said Brian Thomas, director of research development and advancement. “FRPD funding provides direct support to our faculty in the creation of impactful research that informs academia, business and policymakers.”
FRPD Grant Recipients
- Joe Brazel, professor of accounting | “How Does Developing vs. Inheriting Data Analytics Affect Auditor Skepticism?”
- Heather Dretsch, assistant professor of marketing | “Marketing Sensations”
- Umut Dur, associate professor of economics | “Improving Major Assignment Procedures: A Theoretical, Empirical and Experimental Analysis”
- Nathan Goldman, assistant professor of accounting | “Corporate Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Employee Productivity“
- Daisoon Kim, assistant professor of economics | “Global Financial Cycles: An Experimental Study”
- Melinda Morrill, professor of economics | “The Interactive Effects of Retiree Health Insurance and Pensions on Retirement Timing”
- Thayer Morrill, professor of economics | “Desirable Rankings: A New Method for Ranking Outcomes of a Competitive Process”
- Rishika Rishika, associate professor of marketing | “Spring Forward = Fallback into Unhealthy Behavior? The Effect of Daylight-Saving Time Change on Consumers’ Healthful Consumption Behavior”
- Michael Stanko, associate professor of marketing | “When is the Right Time to Crowdfund Innovation?”